Between the Lines

Between the Lines was my final project for my graduation show at Central Saint Martins. It is a print collection for womenswear fashion. Through the project I investigated our notions of print and fabric. Through Between the Lines I questioned whether a print can be embedded into a fabric by using innovative techniques of moulding, silicone and ceramics. Mixing craft and innovation to push the boundaries and raise questions on what a printed textile fabric can be and embody.

Between the Lines is a modern twist on the theme of armour and protection and what lies beneath, creating a juxtaposition between hard and soft, structure and non-structure, pattern formation and distortion. 

Below are some images of my process of making: 



















Copyright of Kaila Cox
                                         Please email for more info on work or using images kaila@kailacox.com